Good words - a blessing
A pastor had the spiritual message on the radio shortly before seven in the morning. He coined a sentence about „blessing“, He said „blessing“ means finding good words!
In the biblical dictionary, the good word for blessing is associated with gestures and, among other things, spoken on many occasions:
When greeting and saying goodbye, in church services and at life events, such as the birth of a child, at weddings and when a family member is about to die.
1. How can we bless?
We can radiate divine love. Or bringing the salvation of God to unbelievers. We can lighten the burden of others. We can serve the least and the poorest. Let us be used by God. He knows what work we can do.
The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, Thus you shall bless the people of Israel: you shall say to them, The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. „So shall they put my name upon the people of Israel, and I will bless them.“ Numbers 6,22-27 (ESV)
2. Community is established in blessing
We learn this in the Aaronic Priestly Blessing:
He unfolds the blessing in 4 steps:
- The Lord bless you and keep you means: He lays his blessing hand on you, he is your protection when you are exposed to dangers.
- The Lord let his face shine upon you means: In his presence your path will become clear and you will receive orientation.
- and be gracious to you” means: HE will show you his favor by accepting you in your failure and also helping you in physical troubles.
- The Lord lift up his face over you means: HE does not overlook you, but personally takes care of you right down to your conflict-laden area of life and everyday life!
These are blessings I don’t want to give up!
3. The blessing does not end at the grave
One page of the calendar read:
I recently received a letter that warmed my heart. A woman wanted to tell me about the passing of her mother. She wrote: My mother was 95 years old and has become a blessing to many. Then the reader let me know what her seven-year-old son had said about the death of this godly woman: In great love and admiration, he remarked with childish glee, I bet Jesus was happy to see Grandma!
When we have given our lives to Jesus, we already experience the fullness of God in heavenly goods (according to Ephesians 3:19). How much nicer it will be in the nearness of God!
In a beautiful song (PRAISE HIM 145) we sing :
There are things in heaven that I would like to see; my heart will delight in beauty there. And when I go to heaven in eternity, the first one I see shall be Jesus.
I will see the Pearl Gate once, it shines so bright and clear; I see the beautiful apartment mine there. One day I will see the wise throne and also the host of angels; the first one I see shall be Jesus.
I will see the loved ones all in that heavenly land and many who will go there with me. So many a man waits for me on that golden beach; the first one I see shall be Jesus.
4. Where will you spend eternity?
Come to Jesus the Savior today, who gladly forgives all our sins. He’s already waiting for you.
Author: Egon Waechter